Diversionary Theatre is happy to offer it’s unique and intimate 106 seat Mainstage during certain days and weeks throughout our season along with it’s small, versatile 50 seat Blackbox space. We welcome inquiries from all arts groups (non-profit and for-profit), corporate groups and private parties.
RENTAL AGREEMENT INCLUDES:
- Access to the desired stage as well as any dressing room or storage room associated with that space for the designated time slots.
- Access to Diversionary’s available inventory of basic lighting and sound equipment.
o Specialty equipment (Disco balls, projectors, etc is subject to an additional fee)
- Access to the lighting and sound system in desired space.
- Access to available tables and linens.
- An Event Management Coordinator that is onsite whenever an audience is present.
RENTER MUST PROVIDE:
Signed Agreement along with the following items:
Credit Card Authorization form upon signing of contract that will be charged for the followingo 50% of rental fee upon signing
– Balance due upon completion of event
– $250 in damages pending state of facility
- Written proof of current liability insurance that covers the event and all related activities
- Full schedule (if event is longer than 2 days).
RENTAL AVAILAB ILITY:
- The Mainstage space is only available on Diversionary performance off nights (pending technical needs) or while a mainstage show is not in production.
- The Blackbox space is only available while Diversionary is not actively using it for a MainstageProduction’s rehearsal.
Please note Diversionary Theatre does not provide ticketing services.
All rates effective May 1, 2019 Subject to Change without Notice
The above rates are for the rental of the Theatre only. Additional costs for equipment and labor (including setup and restore) will be determined by the Production Manager after consultation with the renter.
- Renter must engage a Stage Manager if Renter wishes to use the theatre’s lighting or sound system.
- If Renter has any theatrical lighting or sound needs, Renter must engage their own sound and/orlighting technician.
- Renters must return the theatre to its original appearance.
- Payment must be made in full by start of rental.
- Any additional labor that is required by Theatre staff is subject to additional rental fees.
Please submit your request to rent Diversionary facilities through the following form:
[button link=”https://docs.google.com/a/diversionary.org/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSclm3GxeObQFLRdxq8SR4eGXiA2LWzikD7WHMWz6sPUAYPQrw/viewform?usp=sf_link ” preset=”blue”]RENTAL FORM[/button]
For additional information please contact Ryan Heath, Production Manager:
619-220-6830 x 106
Diversionary Theatre 4545 Park Blvd San Diego, CA 92116
We are located 2 blocks North of El Cajon Boulevard, in University Heights.