If you are in need of support while being housebound, please sign up here and we will be in touch with ways we can assist connecting you to resources. Our outreach department will be working to partner with social service organizations to support getting you what you need.
Below you will find a list of resources available. Special thanks to San Diego Pride, CBS 8, The Foundation for Senior Wellbeing, and The Center for contributing this list. If you have a resource to add, please reach out to San Diego Pride.
- 211: Operating 24/7, 211 San Diego is the region’s trusted source for access to community, health, social, and disaster services. 211 provides access to 6,000+ services, including Food Assistance, Health & Wellness, Senior Transportation resources and programs through the online database or phone line.
- County of San Diego Health and Human Services Agency Aging and Independence Services: 800-339-4661
- Information from EDD/State of California provides a variety of support services to individuals affected by COVID-19 in California including employment issues focusing on reduced work hours, caregiving, quarantine, closures, and more
- STRONG by Zumba combines bodyweight, cardio, muscle conditioning and plyometric training synced to music. Several at-home workout options are available on YouTube with no equipment needed. Options include 7-minute, 20-minute and 30-minute classes.
- OASIS is offering online courses from topics training from Spanish to how to use your new Android phone.
- Yoga Glow offers a free two-week trial with a variety of classes.
- Yoga With Adrienne offers free online classes for all levels via her Youtube channel.
- Jstor offers academic articles and journals
- The Metropolitan Opera will live stream operas for free during this time
- Twelve museums offer virtual tours you can take from home
- Live broadcast from the National Aquarium
- Live camera feeds from the San Diego Zoo
- 10 live camera feeds to choose from at the Monterey Bay Aquarium
- Skillshare offers some free classes, from pencil drawing to brewing the perfect cup of coffee
2. Financial Assistance
- The Families First Coronavirus Response Act extends sick-leave benefits for some workers, expands access to free virus testing and offers $1 billion in food aid for vulnerable populations.
- An update from SDG&E letting customers know that services will not be suspended due to non-payment during the Coronavirus pandemic
- An update on Public Utilities from the City indicating that they have suspended all water shutoffs as a result of nonpayment and utility bills will not be charged interest fees for late or nonpayment
- Special Grocery store hours for seniors
- Information on San Diego Food Bank resources
- El Cajon Boulevard businesses open with stocked shelves
- Serving Seniors: Call 619 235-6572 and selection option 1.
- Meals on Wheels of San Diego County: Available to anyone 60 or older or younger people with health considerations. Call 619.260.6110 or 1-800-5-SENIOR (736467).
- San Diego Food Bank: The Food Bank’s 200 food distribution sites throughout San Diego County are continuing to operate for families and seniors to receive food assistance during this crisis. Call 1-866-350-FOOD (3663).
- Jewish Family Service: This includes their Foodmobile. For services, please call (858) 637-3210.
- Many senior centers are still offering their nutritious lunches, just for pick up (no dine-in). Call your Senior Center to learn about the cost and details. http://www.sandiegoseniordirectory.com/page2.html
- Instacart (online grocery service comes with a fee) – https://www.instacart.com/
- Individuals in San Diego have started a free food delivery service called “Stay Home San Diego” – visit the site at https://www.stayhomesd.com/ or call (619) 800-3252.
- A group of students in North County has come together to offer free pick up and delivery of groceries for seniors, call Amy at 760-826-9302 or email FoodforSeniorsNSanDiego@gmail.com.
- For those who need food assistance, the San Diego Food Bank will continue its food distribution sites. Learn more here: https://sandiegofoodbank.org/response/
- If you know of anyone that needs Masks, Gloves and Incontinence products, TotalDry is selling 14-day packages and will deliver them. Email Kelly at email@example.com.