Donor & Patron Services Manager
The Donor & Patron Services Manager serves as the main fundraising and administrative support for donor and patron services efforts at Diversionary, as well as marketing, development, special events. The Donor & Patron Services Manager seeks, maintains and cultivates relationships with patrons and donors by supporting their customer service requests and needs, and supporting their philanthropic giving. This position also solicits small to mid-sized donations, and stewards donors and potential donors around special events and one-on-one meetings. This position also coordinates marketing and fundraising appeals, manages the development calendar in concert with the Community Services Manager and Executive Artistic Director, and supports grant applications and reports to foundations and government agencies. They also organize special patron and donor events with the assistance of staff and volunteers and assumes other duties as needed for Diversionary.
The Donor & Patron Services Manager is an essential core member of the Diversionary team, reports directly to the Executive Artistic Director and Managing Director, and works closely with the Business Associate, Marketing Director,Community Services Manager, and the rest of the staff and Board. Duties include:
- Oversee the Development Calendars, in concert with Managing and Executive Artistic Directors, and Community Services Manager
- Maintaining the individual donor and patron database.
- Tracking all donations, pledges, multi-year gifts, legacy gifts, matching gifts etc. from individual donors and ensures all acknowledgements, reminders and associated communications are distributed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Support in grant writing for recurring and new grant proposals to Foundation and Government agencies when requested.
- Recruit and supervise volunteers to support mailings, initiatives, & events.
- Report regularly on individual donor campaign initiatives and tracking of development goals.
- Work closely with the Board of Trustees and the Development Committee on all development initiatives and reporting mechanisms.
- Supports all other development activities of Diversionary Theatre in support of the Executive Artistic Director.
- Assist in email and social media campaigns.
- Support in organizing and scheduling Board and Committee meetings.
- Support special events, such as the annual Gala, cultivation events at donor and board homes, as well as the regular Backstage Thursday events.
- Other duties as assigned.
For the Comprehensive Campaign, work closely with the Community Services Manager to ensure the following:
- Managing the Donor Database with information pertinent to the Comprehensive Campaign.
- Generating thank you letters of and notes, as well as regular updates to donors.
- Maintaining the google drive files and keeping documentation up to date.
- Tracking all donations, pledges, multi-year gifts, matching gifts etc. and ensures all acknowledgements, reminders and associated communications are distributed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Assist in email and social media updates and campaigns.
- Actively work to convert Comprehensive Campaign donors to Annual Fund donors.
- Other duties as assigned.
For the Administrative Office, work closely with the Community Services Manager to ensure the following:
- Organize and support all special events, including the annual Gala and its silent auction.
- Assist in identifying and securing sponsorship opportunities for special events.
- Assist in identifying and securing new businesses to advertise in our Playbills.
- Manage website to ensure accurate and up-to-date information represented as needed, including making minor page edits and coordinating major edits/updates with Webmaster
- Lead Patron Services including answering Box Office phone calls and processing ticket requests.
- Perform Front of House (concessions & box office) duties when required.
- Check the Box Office email and phone voicemail regularly, and attend to patrons’ messages.
- Support the Managing Director in patron services needs and address issues as they arise.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must possess a professional and positive demeanor on the phone when scheduling meetings and via email correspondence with the Diversionary team and prospective funders
- Solid administrative experience with database management, letter writing, research, and filing.
- Comfortability with donor interaction and communication.
- Attention to detail and task management.
Diversionary Theatre is dedicated to amplifying queer voices through the performing arts in a dynamic, inclusive, and provocative environment that celebrates and preserves our unique culture, while contributing to an environment of diversity and inclusion throughout the broader community.
Since our founding in 1986, we have continually provided an inspiring and thought-provoking theatrical platform to explore complex and diverse stories of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and questioning communities in the form of live entertainment that can be enjoyed by all.
Areas of responsibility and duties may include (but are not limited to):
- Working directly with Diversionary’s Artistic team to assist with the planning, development, and execution of our upcoming Mainstage Season and Cabaret series
- Working alongside Diversionary’s Artistic team in covering new work submissions
- At the direction of the Executive Artistic Director solicit new plays from playwrights and literary agencies
- Draft reports on new play coverage
- Create dramaturgical program notes for Mainstage production as directed
- Assist in compiling and writing grant reports
- Stay current on new and developing plays, musicals and artists – locally, nationally and internationally
- Assist in reading and vetting potential Mainstage and Cabaret productions
- Assist in maintaining the database of LGBT plays and musicals
- Assist in developing, producing, and marketing panels/post-show discussions during each Mainstage production during the Season.
- Assist the Director of Arts Education & Outreach in planning, developing, and implementing arts education and outreach programming.
- Participate in tracking and reporting on Diversionary artistic programs and achievements
- Actively contribute to Diversionary Theatre’s overall image, brand and fulfillment of its mission
The fellowship will be tailored for the individual artist joining the team!
Our theatre is a safe space, a brave space, and a welcoming space for all who are maligned, marginalized, and discriminated against by the systemic racism intentionally designed to oppress and terrorize. We see you. We hear you. And we welcome you in our home to find strength, community, and revitalization to continue the fight for justice and equality. Read our full anti-racism action plan here.
To apply, please complete the below application, which includes uploading a resume, a personal statement, and two letters of recommendation. CLICK HERE TO APPLY.
The deadline to submit this application is June 26, 2022. Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
We’re looking forward to reviewing your application!
Diversionary Theatre is seeking enthusiastic and attentive backstage persons to assist our Assistant Stage Manager in running the deck. Duties include joining production in rehearsal and at tech and following instructions set forth by Stage Management for a successful run of the show. Please email your resume to Jenny@Diversionary.org
Diversionary Theatre is seeking driven and knowledgeable Stage Managers and Assistant Stage Managers for our upcoming season. Duties would include working closely with Director and Cast to ensure smooth and successful rehearsals, tech, and performances of said show.
Candidate should have prior experience as Stage Manager/Assistant Stage Manager, and an interest in working cohesively with Diversionary staff and contracted designers. Payment is a stipend D.O.E. paid in three installments: tech, opening, and closing.
Please email your resume to Jenny@Diversionary.org
About Diversionary’s Values As An Employer
Diversionary Theatre is an equal opportunity employer and actively seeks to hire diverse team members, lift up marginalized people, and cultivate an inclusive, positive, and welcoming environment for our staff and audience alike regardless of race, gender identity, or sexuality.
Want to apply?
Reach Out to Us Here
Fill out this form with your application or questions you may have about working at Diversionary.